Thursday, April 05, 2007

3rd Quarter already??

One more quarter (another 10 weeks) and I'm done with my Freshman year of school. Wow.

Last quarter turned out well. I got an A- on my Econ final which gave me an overall B+, which isn't bad considering I had two B-s for the two midterms. Got an A- for IHUM, which I'm pretty happy with, and an A+ for Music 22 (Theory) which I'm also happy with of course. Overall GPA is 3.79 right now. =)

This quarter I'm taking 5 classes: IHUM (a continuation of last quarter's Ancient Empires class), PWR (Program in Writing and Rhetoric - a compulsory writing class. Mine is on the Rhetoric of the Bicycle - sounds weird but the lecturer seems pretty interesting so far), Econ 1B (Macroeconomics), an introsem on the Physics and Engineering behind musical instruments, and social dance I (which is at 8:45am on Tues and Thu but it's really fun so I think it's worth getting up for).

Hawaii was great. Honolulu is amazingly like Singapore - spread out urbanization, lots of shopping centers and wide roads in the shopping district a la Orchard Road, many apartment blocks everywhere, and many of those apartment blocks even look like HDB flats! Don't believe me? See it for yourself:


These are apartment blocks that were just behind our hotel:


That aside, we went to the beach a lot; the beaches are really nice; great water, really fine and smooth sand, lots of sun. I got quite a tan I think. Wonder if it'll last. haha. This is Waikiki beach, very near our hotel:

That's Stephen taking a short siesta on the beach at North Shore (we stayed in Waikiki in Honolulu which is to the south of the island)...

We also did a lot of filming for a video for our Spring Show. Don't we look pro? That vertical stick with the white sock on it is our boom mic - it's a mic with an actual sock over it (versus a proper mic sock that's supposed to keep wind out - the sock worked out pretty well too) that's duct taped to a branch that we found. Hahaha.

I'm waiting to get the pictures from the other mendicants before I post my photos online so that I can put all of them in the same album.

Gonna take a short rest/nap now before my next class - I had Social Dance just now, and later I have 3 classes in a row plus another class some time after that so I probably should rest if I wanna make it through. ;)

1 comment:

clarissa said...

yay social dance!! ooh my fren's in the introsem too.. annie from thailand