Wednesday, May 06, 2009

This was part of my Cantonese Midterm

I honestly never thought I'd be doing something like this. :P



Translation:

N: Hey, Simon, hello!
S: Nancy! Hi! Wah, the weather today is really warm.
N: Yes it is. Yesterday I thought it'd be dristling today, but the weather today turned out really nice. Did you go out today?
S: No, I had to go to work today.
N: Oh, where do you work?
S: I work at a noodle shop (wanted to say dim sum restaurant but couldn't find the word for restaurant). We sell a lot of things... there's soup noodles, fried noodles, porridge, vegetables... we've got everything!
N: Wah, that sounds yummy! Wonton noodles are my favorite.
S: Mmm, wonton noodles are good. How about you, did you go out today?
N: I did, I went shopping for clothes
S: Oh. What did you buy?
N: I bought a suit. I work in a bank, so I usually have to dress really formal.
S: Wah, so 麻烦 (troublesome). Eh, my boss is here. I'll see you tomorrow, okay?
N: Okay, see you tomorrow. Bye bye!
S: Bye bye!

4 comments:

claire said...

so cute!!!!!!!
are both voices yours?
the video quality seems pretty sharp, too.

Su, Sicheng said...

yup! both are me. Doing Cantonese tones in a falsetto is hard. :P I got tired towards the end...

shaowei said...

hahah, i like how the dino had a guest appearance =)

pebble said...

It is very well done! I like it! :)