Saturday, November 07, 2009

The Quest To Know God

I just started reading Francis Chan's book Crazy Love. Don't know why I didn't like it the first time I picked it up a year ago when De Wen had it. Now I can't even get past the first few pages of the first chapter.

Nothing earthshakingly new. Just this:

"Solomon warned us not to rush into God's presence with words. That's what fools do... The wise man comes to God without saying a word and stands in awe of Him."

When you realize that God isn't just a concept but a person to be known, just like any other person in your life, the entire quest for truth boils down to one simple, scary question: "Who is God?"

It's been a while since I've been silent before God. With God. No need for petition, no complaints to make; simply resting in the knowledge that He already knows all that I am, and free to consider who He is.

No comments: