Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas!

I was in Christmas service yesterday (Christmas Eve), and it dawned on me: God's most precious gift to us isn't that He gave Himself for us. It's that He gave Himself TO us.

geez. Talk about big revelation.

I feel like I'm waking up, like I've been semi-conscious all of Fall Quarter and the hunger is just starting to resurface. It's always been there, but kind of like hidden under the ice, and the ice is melting. Or something of the sort.

Today I was home (well, at Alan Jerry & John's house in Palo Alto, but it's home for these few weeks) for almost the whole day with John and his sis Jen. It was good. Spent time thinking about Jesus, praying and yearning. Went out for groceries, did some errands, then went to Qianwen & Clar's (and Shaowei's? hm. maybe I shouldn't stretch it) to cook. John and Jen came too and joined us for dinner. Afterwards I sent John and Jen to the airport, came back and nuahed with everyone in front of the TV. Cynthia came over too.

It was nice. It was for something like this that I decided I would be around this area for Christmas (and New Year's too). Can't imagine any other group of friends I'd rather spend Christmas evening with. :)

Going down to San Diego tomorrow! It's about an 8 hour drive. Going to stay with Alan until New Year's Eve when I'll drive back up and join the rest here for New Year's.

My plan for tomorrow:

10:30am (or so): Leave the house I'm staying at in Palo Alto. Get Philz coffee perhaps? And maybe go to campus to see if the Budak Pantai CD Angie sent me has arrived. :)
11:30am: Arrive in Gilroy. Shop. I need shoes. But also, hang out with Shaowei, Cynthia, Clar and Qianwen who will also be there.
Before 2pm or so: Have and finish lunch, then drive drive drive. =)
Arrive at Alan's around 9pm. Maybe later if there's traffic (which there is a good chance of methinks).

Most people don't like driving alone. I'm looking forward to it. Time alone driving is usually fun for me. It's also good God time.

Time for bed. :)

No comments: