Thursday, July 22, 2010

Day 3-4 of my roadtrip: Colorado Springs, CO

I didn't record any videos from days 3-6 because I was with friends and I thought videoing myself would be a little weird. :P

Day 3:

I sleep in (yay) at Tal's house. We have leftovers from her fridge for lunch, go for a short hike in this place that's only 5 minutes from her house (story of everyone's life in Colorado I imagine), and go meet Dan & Kayla. They're starting a Chi Alpha at the University of Colorado, Colorado Springs campus so we go and prayer walk the campus with them.

After that we drive through this place called Garden of the Gods. Really interested rock formations, including this rock that looks like it's been performing a balancing act for however many centuries its been there:




We end up at this lovely cosy little coffee shop that looks like part coffee shop, part photo studio (downstairs), part Christian library of old Christian books that I imagine Glen would like. We get there just as the rain starts, so we sit there on comfy sofas for about 2 hours, sipping coffee and chatting as the rain pours outside. I miss good rain storms. This would easily be one of my favorite coffee places to go to if I lived in Colorado Springs.






OH and we shared a cream cheese panini. SO GOOD. Cream cheese with raspberry jam... kind of like a crepe, except toasted and crispy and a little soft. :)



Day 4: Er... I didn't really do anything. Oh but there was a rainstorm... check out this video (this is the only video I took from Day 3-6):

No comments: