Sunday, August 31, 2008

Revelations

Got two nuggets of understanding that I wrote down during service today. The best part (as I've mentioned to several people several times, including mike) is that the speaker (Rev. Casey Treat) probably barely touched on these at all. In fact maybe he didn't even talk about them. But I guess God did, to me at least. Haha.

The first one has to do with our authority on earth vs. Satan's reign on earth. I'm still a little iffy on this one and it may not all be right, so please don't be leaving comments criticizing every corner of it. Here's what I wrote:

1. Adam opened the door to Satan. Satan had rightful access to the earth because the one(s) placed in charge of it (God's children, whom He told to reign and have dominion) gave it to him.

2. So Satan reigned on the earth.

3. Jesus came and defeated Satan. The result - the earthly realm is no longer rightfully the devil's.

4. Yet Satan and his demons still continue to reign today, because the ones to whom this world was made for (i.e. humans) are still agreeing with him and letting him in.

5. BUT Satan's dominion on the earth is illegal, and still exists because the authority that God has given His children over the earth has not been fully enforced.


The second one's to do with the issue of our identity, our sense of "who am I?", which is at the core of everyone's hearts (Christians and non-Christians alike) but seems to be almost never explicitly talked about.

1. Abraham called himself what God called him - a father of many nations - even when he had no children. He stood in his identity according to what God had called him, not according to what his physical world showed.

2. God stands outside time.

3. Abraham's identity, and my identity, rightfully comes from God - God, being my creator, is the one who intentionally made me who I am. Therefore, He is the only one who has the right to tell me who I am. Since God stands outside of time, my identity is created and defined outside of time.

4. It is illegal for me to define my identity according to a lesser environment that what it is actually born out of. In other words, who I am now, or what I look like or seem like now, is not the same as who I am in God.

5. So at the end of the day, the question is: Who does God say I am? What does He say about me?

1 comment:

noed-resarf said...

Well said brother. Its the plain truth yet we fail to come to terms with it at times!

Anyway, I trust that you're doing well and having a swell time where you are. God keep!