Friday, August 18, 2006

Promises and Hope

God gave me a verse for Stanford! As in, for my life there. Not for the uni. In case anyone gets confused. ;)

Familiar passage, but never before so powerful. Jer 29:11 - "For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evili, to give you a future and a hope."

My whole perspective changed when I got this. No more worry, no more anxiety, but instead anticipation that arises out of faith. Truly, truly, faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God. Amazing stuff.

Also been corresponding a little with this pastor of a Christian Fellowship group at Stanford called Chi Alpha (http://xastanford.org). It's set up and supported by Assemblies of God. So far feeling pretty gd abt it. It's comforting to know that there'll be other Christians praying for me and readying themselves to meet me and other Christian freshies when sch starts. Thanks be to God. =)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Sich! Yes it was great meeting you up too! :) How effortless when He's directing one's steps.. :)

Thanks for sharing with me the wisdom you received.. I thank Jesus for this Godly friendship and fellowship which always builds up and protects :)

His blessings overtake you wherever you go :) have fun being Sonkissed!!

:) Pris

p.s. i've a blog online too! it's at schadeneus.livejournal.com

:)

clarissa said...

hello! just saw ur msn nick. anyway.. heh me and daryl (he's really a junior but graduating early) are in chi alpha too! and one of the other sophomores (chuansheng, if you know him?) stayed at adelfa last year:)