Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Examz and New Guitar

Not a very creative title. But it works.

So yes, exams coming up. Have a math final next monday, a final IHUM paper due next monday too, a take-home jazz theory final due next tues, and a research paper for my Physics Introsem on any relevant topic I'm interested in due next Fri. Both papers are about 5 pages long.

help.

I'm trying hard to keep a positive attitude and keep the faith and all. It's not easy but somehow God will get me through. Of course I still gotta be on my toes. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!!

Looking forward to Chi Alpha tomorrow. Could really use the time in God's presence.


On to the second topic: I bought a new acoustic guitar! Went with Daryl (Singaporean friend I met at Chi Alpha) last friday to Guitar Center in San Jose. They were having a 10-15% discount sale on all their guitars (we only found out about the sale when we got there), and the guitar I got was marked $400. But get this: the salesguy realized when he checked his computer that the original price was actually $599 (basically $600), so the discounted price was supposed to be around $530 - $540. So he said, if you buy it now, I'll give it to you at the marked price. If u leave, i'm going to change the price tag. So I got it. *grinz*. It's a Takamine, has a very nice sound, and has a built in pickup (which i've yet to test actually).

A few photos of my guitar and our trip to Guitar Center:

Me and the sales guy, Mike, who gave me the mismarked price:



Me and Daryl posing with the guitar, trying very unsuccessfully to act sei



My guitar close up (Daryl took a TON of photos of my guitar. He's super passionate about guitars, was really excited for me.) We've sinced removed the cheesy black and white sticker



My guitar, in the nice soft case I got for it



A photo of inside the store. You can see why it's called Guitar Center. ;)

1 comment:

shaowei said...

hey, my acoustic guitar is also from takamine! maybe we have the same make : )