Saturday, December 23, 2006

Home sweet home

I'm back in Singapore!! Arrived wed morning at 12:50am. Thought the humidity would shock me more but it didn't really.

Had stomach flu the night before I flew. Thank God I managed to make the flight and get home smoothly. I actually slept quite a bit of the flight cos I was quite tired from not sleeping the night before.

At a macdonald's now... there's free wireless here but it keeps cutting off after about 20 mins of usage. It's quite irritating. But I don't know if it's a problem with the wireless or with my com. I hope it's the former. :P Don't have internet at home cos I'm the only one who uses it so I stopped the account when I left in Sep.

Wondering what's going to happen these 2 weeks. I know God has purposes for me to accomplish while I'm back, I just don't know what yet. But I'll hang on to Him in faith. =)

Met with some of my cell group yesterday, went to watch a movie together, then met up with Cynthia together with Angie who was quite eager to meet her too. Haha. Brought her out to see the lights in Orchard Road then went to Lau Pa Sat to grab a drink and just chat for a while. Looking forward to meeting her and Watchman again this week.

Oh and that reminds me. My grandfather lent me his car for the entire duration that I'm here! i have relatives who're overseas at the moment so he's gonna be using their cars. Although I'm not sure what happens when they come back... maybe someone else will be gone. Anyway it's a fantastic blessing and I'm very thankful. =)

Took a photo of my HDB (government-subsidized apartment) block the other day:


My apartment unit is the lowest one with windows on the leftmost side of the block, i.e. the 3rd floor (there's no windows on the 2nd floor and the 1st floor is the ground floor where the shops are). Thought that might be midly interesting for non-Singaporean folks who visit my blog (I see you Glen!). The everlasting construction in front of my house is construction for a new MRT (subway) line that'll run right by my house. Which will turn out very nicely for me when I graduate in 3-4 years' time. ;)

Gonna sign off now. I'll try to keep this blog updated whenever I can. Merry Christmas everybardee!!!

2 comments:

Yinks said...

Hahaha guess what! Gong gong was just telling us (my family) "wah I have so many cars to drive" :P

Glen Davis said...

I think I see you, too. Are you the three little pixels waving excitedly?

:)