Thursday, January 25, 2007

Work's piling on!

Got my first IHUM paper assignment today. It's due next next Tuesday. It's quite a challenge conceptually because it's a history-based course, yet at the same time they don't want a historical research paper but an interpretive paper, so it kinda becomes like a literature cum sociology cum history paper. I'm not feeling terribly confident about it right now, actually I'm slightly apprehensive, but I'll get it done somehow and God will provide so I shouldn't be too worried. =)

Might start helping Aaron (friend from Chi Alpha) co-lead a Bible Study soon. I've been attending a Tuesday Bible Study with Glen on and off, but I have more time this quarter and Glen saying at Bible Study this week that Aaron's going to take over to ease the load off Glen (especially now that Glen has TWO kids) and needs a co-leader. I felt challenged to avail myself, so I emailed Glen; met up with the two of them today. So far I feel quite good about it besides the usual insecurities about being inadequate for such a big responsibility. But I'm made by The Almighty Himself and I'd think His designing skills are pretty darn good, plus He lives in me, so by faith I have more than what it takes to be a leader in the ministry! I'm still praying about it - basically it's a yes by default, and a no if I email Glen by early next week telling him no. Help me pray! And drop me a blog comment or an email if you think God's speaking to you. Prayers are much appreciated! Thank you!

Things are really changing at Chi Alpha. The sense of community is getting stronger, and the hunger for God is getting deeper. Just yesterday I led a couple of songs together with Ria (a girl in Chi Alpha from Trinidad), and people were so hungry. We spent about 30-40 mins in worship on just 2 songs, and people were singing their hearts out - something I think is quite rare in the USA. Somehow people here tend to be pretty reserved about singing in public, but on wed night people were really singing with all their hearts to God and it was just fantastic. God is truly moving and He's gonna move more!

Oh and in case anyone's worried about my time management, don't worry 'cos this quarter is relatively light for me. I'm doing prerequisite classes for music and econ, plus IHUM, so altogether it's 14 units - pretty much everything else I wanted to take clashed, plus God spoke to me through Shaowei last quarter not to take on too many units this quarter. Maybe it's for the purpose of leading the Bible Study? Dunno yet. =)

Music Theory has quite frequent assignments, though they're not all that heavy each time. But it does add up. Econ problem sets take a while to do too, and I have to be careful not to get complacent just because I've done Econ before - made a few careless and pointless mistakes on the problem set due tomorrow that my friend pointed out. So work's piling on. But I'll be able to handle it. Still, prayers are always welcomed and needed!

Gonna go finish another music assignment now. It's not due till Monday but I want to spend the weekend doing my IHUM reading (this IHUM requires quite a lot of reading!) and starting work on my essay. Plus some of us are going for a Chris Tomlin concert in San Jose on Sunday so I wanna get some work done tonight. Till next time. God bless! :)

No comments: