Monday, July 31, 2006

Birthday

I'm 21! Doesn't feel very different from 20. At least for now.

Never really felt the 'specialness' of my 21st birthday even though a lot of ppl asked me what I'm gonna do for this special birthday. But loads of other ppl made it so special for me. There was dinner on fri nite. Then the surprise birthday gift and cake by Albert & Sam on Sat morn, and ESPECIALLY the con-cum-ambush on Sat night outside church (u guys rock man). And birthday song over the phone at midnight. ;) Then phone calls and messages from special people on Sunday, not to forget celebration with my cell (thanx for the jacket guys!! Very touched, it's real nice), surprise by the BVs after church and dinner at home... And ending with a second but even more unexpected and special con-cum-ambush tonight (thanx XMMP, u're totally the best! I'm touched beyond words).

Thanks everyone!! It's you that made my 21st birthday a truly special one!! I dare not list out names lest I miss out someone cos so many people have blessed me this birthday. What touches me most is the effort and thought and heart so many of you put into making sure it was such a special time for me.

And of course, like what Matthew very wisely said, my birthday is the time to celebrate and thank God for the breath of life He's given me and all that He's brought me through the past 21 years, plus all that He's going to bring me through for the rest of my life. =) Thank You God, for giving me life, for finding me and saving me, for Your indescribable love and unmerited faithfulness to an imperfect me. And thanks Matthew for the nugget of wisdom and reminding me of the most important One to look to on what everyone calls 'my special day'.

Friends, family, and God Himself. Truly a blessed birthday this year. =)

3 comments:

noed-resarf said...

Awww..happy belated birthday!! God bless ya all the same :)

Joanna said...

Yea! Be Blessed Sicheng!

Anonymous said...

I suck.
But you don't. So I really have to wish you a HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY (gosh...is this the most belated wish of all???)
May God bless you with abundant blessings in every way imaginable!