Friday, October 20, 2006

Driving Test

Just got back from brunch after my supposed driving test. I say 'supposed' cos I didn't actually take it. I was supposed to, and Lisa (a Singaporean graduate student here) very generously volunteered to take me. So she picked me up this morning and we got there on time, only to realise that she didn't have her updated insurance and registration with her, which we needed for the test. We rushed back to her place to get it and came back but they said I needed another appointment on another day cos they were quite backlogged and couldn't slot me in. So i'm doing my driving test on Nov 6th. =)

Lisa apologised a few times but it was totally my responsibility to check and ensure that we had all the documents... which I rather unwisely didn't. So even though she took it upon herself to remember it's really no fault of hers.

Oh well, no big loss, I can still drive with my S'pore license. I'll just be patient and wait. =)

So we went to a really nice place for breakfast (at the time we went it was more like brunch) in Menlo Park, a city just north of Palo Alto. It's a very American restaurant, nice country-ish decor. Had a pancake, and skillet (fried toppings and cheese on top of rosti-style potato) and pretty nice coffee. The food was good, and so was the company, so despite the hiccup with the driving test I had a really enjoyable morning, thank God for that. :)

Tmr, the Mendicants are off to Santa Barbara! Singing for an ex-member's wedding there (yes another one). It's roughly 4-5 hrs of driving away, kinda like from S'pore to KL. But with bigger roads. haha. I'll try to update my blog while I'm there, if not i'll update when i'm back. God bless!!

No comments: