Monday, October 30, 2006

Super busy weekend

Had an incredible weekend. See the title. It was busy but fantastic. And a little bit of a stretch but not too bad.

So my weekend started Friday morning. That's right. I skipped a math class. Which wasn't too bad cos I managed to understand whatever they covered by reading the textbook later, thank God. :) Friday morning I went with the mendicants to San Jose airport to catch a flight to Denver, Colorado. We were there to sing at an alumni gathering. So we arrived arnd 2pm Denver time, and there was a snowfall like one or two nights before so the landscape was incredible. The area is really flat and then there's loads of mountains so it's really pretty. Took a lot of photos but this one kinda sums it all up:



That's a picture of Denver (it's the name of the city) as we were driving from the airport. Beautiful.

So we stayed at the hotel where the alumni gathering was being held. It was REALLY nice.

Went for lunch (all our meals were paid for), ate at this 60's-style burger joint that served fantastic burgers and REALLY gd miilkshakes (my strawberry banana milkshake had real banana in it and they even gave the remaining milkshake tt couldn't fit in the glass in the metal can tt u use to shake the milkshake). In the evening we went to the reception where we mingled with the alumni in between singing songs. Had a 2 hr break after that while the alumni were listening to a couple of speakers, then went back to do the same as had dessert and left. Some of the guys went out for a movie after that; I went with Lance (the guy sitting on the bed in the picture above) to grab a bite and a drink. Very stupidly left my debit card at the restaurant so I cancelled it and ordered a new one when I got back. Woke up at 6am the next day to take a flight back. Fantastic scenery from the plane.



Was so tired when I got back so I took a 3.5 hr nap. :P

Had a performance at the West Coast A Cappella showcase in Berkeley that Sat evening. Went pretty well, I quite enjoyed the concert. The next morning I woke up early to go to San Fran with Chris. Met up with Yinshan (fellow MAS scholar and Berkeley student) there too. We went to Christian City Church San Fran together (www.c3sf.com). It was a fantastic service and we stayed arnd during lunch to talk to some of the staff and pastors. The journey to and fro took almost 2 hrs each way; hopefully I can get a ride from somebody if I decide to go there regularly. After getting back the mendicants had a bbq together with counterpoint, the only female a cappella group on campus. Was a pretty good time but it was really cold; last night was the first night I could consistently see my breath condense.

So yeah, was really tired last night. Managed to do some hw though. I'm now at an outdoor cafe drinking a juice smoothie and typing this. =) Was going to go into the library but decided it's too nice a day to spend indoors.

Tmr I'm leading IHUM section discussion together with another guy. We're meeting tonight to discuss. I'm praying it'll go well... we're leading the discussion of one of the short stories in James Joyce's "Dubliners", a collection of short stories portraying life in Dublin. Cheem. Haha.

Oh btw, daylight savings time has ended so for those of you who've been wondering what time it is over here while you're doing whatever, the time difference is now 16 hrs instead of 15hrs previously. So like 5pm in Singapore is like my 1am on the same day.

Wondering what this new week will bring. We'll see. No more mendicants performances next weekend but our fall concert is coming up so we'll prob still be busy, though not as busy as before. I think. :D

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wah man....
You gotta take more photos on the food dude!! I wanna see how scrumptious they are!!! Yummy!!!

Adrain

Chery said...

Wah!! Do you know most of the photos u took reminds me of my summer time in Arizona and California!!!! Kinda of made me missed the times there!! Hmph! Like your campus photo reminds me of my campus back then..and the photo from the aeroplane, i had a similar one too! And also, the photo taken at the beach there..the entire scene was so similar to what i used to always see there! I wanna send you a few photos taken from the aeroplane too!! thru email!!