Thursday, October 05, 2006

Santa Cruz!

Hey!! Sorry this is kinda belated, been a little busy since Mon and Sun I was dead beat

So in the end we took 3 cars and drove abt 1.5 hrs to Santa Cruz, which is down south, on the west coast of the USA. It's a beachside city, and they'd rented a house near the beach to hang out. It was a REALLY SMALL house. haha. but it was cosy and pretty fun. Check out a few pix:




We went to the beach and played kickball, which is basically softball/baseball except played with a volley/soccer ball, and the pitch is rolled and instead of batting u kick the ball. I kinda sucked at it but just played to join in the fun. =) And I can confidently say that I have never been to such a COLD beach. it was FREEZING. Kinda. I walked into the water and my feet were almost numb within a few mins. Had some fun trying to withstand the waves... I got knocked over by one. :) We stayed the night and I was really blessed the next morn cos one of the guys had arranged to go to a nearby church, and I got woken up when he got up, so I went with him. Amazing how God provides! Really enjoyed the service too. The group went to the 'boardwalk' in the afternoon, it was dristling so didn't go on the rides but we did play mini-golf. Sang impromptu to a few girls too at our music director's spur of inspiration. haha. Funny part was that most of us didn't know the whole song cos we only sang one verse for auditions... so we kinda just barely scraped thru. Gd thing we weren't wearing Stanford shirts. haha.

The group consists of 12 guys, only 3 of whom are returning from previous years. Apparently it goes in cycles, and this year happens to be a year when a lot of mendicants are either graduating or moving on to junior/senior year and need the time to do smtg different. Our first gig is this sat: we're singing Oh Happy Day for an ex-mendicant's wedding nearby.

Just got my first IHUM writing assg today. Gotta work on developing a paper. A part of me just feels like groaning and complaining but I guess I shld get round to it soon and get it done with, and in the process work on my writing and literary-analysis skills and stuff like that. :)

It actually rained this afternoon and all the way into the night. It gets pretty cold esp when I'm biking and my hands are wet and the wind is blowing; my hands kinda end up freezing. Apparently it'll start raining more soon. Anyway, on a more positive note, had a great mtg with Chi Alpha tonight. Really felt more plugged into God during worship. Realised that these folks really are my spiritual family for the next few years, so while I'm still looking for a church (and even after I've found one) I really shld get to know them better. Still praying abt which church to join, there are actually quite a few biblically sound charismatic churches in the area so it may be a few more wks before I finally decide. Pray I'll be sensitive to the Holy Spirit's leading.

1 comment:

Chery said...

Argh!! Singapore weather is crazy!!! the HAZE is at unhealthy level!! and the is hot and humid!!! enjoy the cool, dry and hazeless weather there!