Sunday, October 08, 2006

Oh Happy Day!

And yet another week has passed. I'll bet it'll be really soon before i'm back in Singapore again. I'll be returning on 20 Dec wed early morning, at smtg like 12:50am I think. Will be back home until 6th Jan, Sat morning. So I'll be arnd for Christmas and New Year! =)

Sang Oh Happy Day with The Mendicants for an ex-mendicant's wedding on Saturday. Our first paid gig as the new batch of mendicants! And I took the solo for the song. Was really quite honored and thankful that I got it cos I really like the song and it's a very simple gospel message song which I personally believe in. So I wanted to do my best. The performance went well, but I think it could've been better. When I'm actually in front of a lot of ppl I tend to get a bit more nervous and I think the sincerity of the solo didn't really come out. Plus the fact that I was just recovering from a cold and had a stuffy nose didn't really help. :P Nevertheless, praise God for a smooth first gig! It's really gd to have a first gig so soon, it forces us to get things going and stuff.

Anyway, there's another chance this Sat! We're singing it for a performance on Sat night, and it'll be in front of a LOT of ppl, many of whom I know, so the pressure's up! But no cold this time, and more familiarity with the song, so I'm praying I'll really deliver it sincerely and professionally. :)

We really have a lot of gigs coming up. This weekend is the performance, the weekend after that we're going to Santa Barbera to sing at another wedding I think, and after that Stanford's flying us to Denver (whoo hoo!!) to sing at a function on Friday night (i think), and then the next day (Saturday) we fly back and sing at the west coast a cappella festival gathering thingamajig at Berkeley (nearer to San Fran, abt an hour's drive north from Stanford). But it's gd cos it forces us to get moving and pick up the pace, and momentum is really so important to a group.

Ok gtg now. Working on my first IHUM paper. I really like the Microsoft Word for mac, it has this notepad feature where the screen appears like a notepad with lines and everything is by default in bulleted form. It even has section tabs like a file. So I'm using that to type out all my thoughts and stuff for my IHUM paper, compiled a list of quotes, and right now I'm doing up an essay plan. Basically it kinda enables me to brainstorm with myself without having to suffer the terrible consequences of my own bad handwriting and poor organisation. ;)

Take care everybardee! God bless!! Drop me emails when u're free, I check my email super frequently now cos every announcement here is done by email. Cheers! =)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hello! woah you've been really diligent in updating your blog. haha i should visit more often. glad to hear you're having fun.. i've been UBER busy with classes. it's like the intensity of studying for a levels every single day. urgh.

what's your mobile number? mine's erm. i'll email it to you. hehe

Anonymous said...

Hey Hey! Wow! Great to hear you're settling well! Wah...so back soon! Ok! Must make sure we go makan or wat ok! Take care and keep singing! You're doing fine dude!

Your kaki in Christ!
Adrian