Saturday, September 30, 2006

A Wake Up Call

Approx 6:40am: I'm woken up by several really loud knocks on the door. My first thought is, "Oh NO I'm really late for the scavenger hunt!" In my sleepy state I clamber out of bed, open the door, and find approx 12 guys with white baseball jerseys with the word "Mendicants" on it standing in front of me, and they start singing. I've still got the song stuck in my head but I dunno the title... it's an oldie, prob from the 80s or smtg. Anyway they finish singing and, in a rather random order, inform me that I've been accepted into the Mendicants!!! Whoohoo!! Praise God!

And so they leave, and one guy, Matty, gives me a sheet of paper telling me to read it soon cos it's kinda time sensitive. Of course I'm still half asleep and so I put the paper on the table, promising myself to read it once I wake up, and go back to bed.

As an afterthought I wonder if any of those guys slept tonight at all. I mean, if they were going around to every single dorm room to sing for every single guy that got in, that must take a while man!

7:40-7:50am: Alarm rings. I haven't been able to get to sleep... think their singing really shocked me awake. Same goes for my roomate. And maybe everyone else in the hall. :P

8am: I finish nuahing on the bed and finally get up. As I read the piece of paper from Matty I get a sorta sinking feeling in my heart.

"There is one thing we need to tell you, and that is that you need to be at the Tressider bollards at 12 o'clock noon, today September 30th. If your dorm has a scavenger hunt, don't go, we have much more exciting plans for you..."

I'm like... oh man. I can't go for scavenger hunt. After a few minutes though, I get warmed up to the idea and start getting excited abt whatever's going to happen, while being a little wary at the same time. :P My guess is that it'll last till tmr cos they said bring a sleeping bag (which I don't have) and a couple of changes of clothes, among another things.

So... I'll blog again when I come back! If I have strength left in me that is. Haha. I'm sure it's gonna be real fun. If u wanna check the group's website out it's http://www.stanford.edu/group/mendicants/home.htm. Gonna pack up now and see if i can catch a couple more hrs of sleep.

Cheers!! =)

2 comments:

Yinks said...

Wow that's awesome, congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Great to hear that u keeping yourself occuppied.

Fyi Alvin and Leong Wai Mun (Hazmat) have resigned. Eng Choon has also submtted his. Crisis here!

God Blessed
Albert