Friday, February 16, 2007

Busy week's over!

IT'S FRIDAY!! PRAISE GOD!! :D

It's been quite a busy week. Wednesday was particularly tiring. Woke up at 5:30am to roll out the girls of my dorm - all the guys rolled them out and gave them roses for Valentine's Day and then everyone gathered in the lounge and the guys did a song for them. They were surprisingly garang about it. I left straight after that to sing with The Mendicants - we were doing performances and individual valentine's day dedications the entire day. Had a 1.5 hr nap in the morning, a lunch break and a 4 hour break in the afternoon/evening - took another nap after dinner. I did a count - we'd done about 18-19 performances and a total of 31 songs by the time we ended at 11pm. I was actually quite surprised when I added up the number...

It was fun though. Especially the individual dedications - the people we sang to were all so delighted and surprised, it was great to see their reactions. We also sang at the Facebook HQ in Palo Alto and at a few dorms.

A few photos:

That's (from left of picture) Jai, Joey and Lance - we were practicing outside the Facebook HQ before going in


Inside the Facebook HQ lounge. The chinese guy with the black jacket in the foreground is an ex-mendicant who now works at facebook. He sang the solo for Brown Eyed Girl with us - quite cool. :)


A few of us biking - our jackets tend to look like wings while we bike if we don't button them up. Picture a bunch of 12 guys all dressed like that biking together. It's quite a sight.


Another picture of our well-dressed biking gang


We also found a gigantic fruit that smelled and tasted (when we eventually opened it) like a lemon. Possibly a pomegranate too. Or a grapefruit. Whatever it was, it was huge:


And this is what it looked like when we opened it. Look how thick the skin is!



I had such a good sleep wed and thu nights, prob because I was quite physically tired after wednesday. Don't have too much work for the weekend - mainly a music theory assignment and IHUM reading.

OH! I got an A- for my first IHUM paper!! Praise The Lord!! :D Got it back on thursday. Also submitted my Econ paper for a regrade on Thursday. I hope I can get at least a couple more marks, it'll probably help my grade. :) Whatever it is, I've done what I can. So no worries. =)

It's going to be an interesting weekend. Meeting a friend of my dad's for CNY dinner tomorrow night, then on Sunday I'm going up to Christian City Church San Francisco for Pastor Phil and to visit Barnabas, a Singaporean friend who works in SF and goes to c3sf too and who tore his tendon skiing a week ago. He invited some of us over to his place to finish CNY goodies but we wanna cook for him since he's on crutches (I think). Monday is completely free besides Chi Alpha Bible Study Leaders' Meeting - I don't think I'm going skiing with Pearline. Too rushed and would be quite tiring. Then again, we'll see how it goes. :) Whatever it is, I'm DEFINITELY sleeping in tomorrow (Sat) morning. *grinz*

1 comment:

Yinks said...

That. Is. A. HUGE & STRANGE FRUIT!! Happy CNY! :D