Saturday, February 10, 2007

Disappointments

I got my Econ Mid-term back yesterday. I did much worse than I thought I would. I know that I had a firm grasp on the material and I actually found the exam relatively easy, but my final score was 29/52, including 2 marks of bonus question. Although if it was a bonus question I've no idea why they counted it into the maximum score. :P

I looked through the questions and I think I may have lost out in terms of mentioning some key terms and some analysis which could have been more details. But the marking scheme is quite confusing and I really think I deserve a higher score. I guess I also have to be more careful though. The microeconomics that we're studying now is so familiar to me that maybe sometimes I forget I need to mention basic things like 'price goes up, quantity goes down, therefore..." (sometimes I'm inclined to just go straight to the 'therefore').

Anyway I think I might try to submit it for a regrade. I've printed out the regrading request form but I haven't filled it up yet. We'll see how it goes. My current grade is a B- (which is better than I expected - I thought a 29 would get me a C) and even if they only give me 1 mark more, my grade will jump to a B.

Oh well. God's still in control. And like I said during Chi Alpha when I was leading worship, regardless of the circumstances, I will still bless the name of my God because He is still good and all is in His hands. :) Gotta get to work now - I have a music take-home midterm due on Tuesday, IHUM reading for Tuesday, an IHUM Map Quiz on Tuesday to study for and Stanford Fund letters to write. (The Stanford Fund is the fund that supports a lot of undergraduate stuff including financial aid and student groups, so every quarter the student groups help the alumni center to write thank you cards to the alumni who've donated to thank them.) Then on wednesday (Valentine's Day) the Mendicants will be singing to people who've requested songs for their special someone so I'm gonna be so tired. But next weekend is Pastor Phil at CCC San Fran AND it's a long weekend! (Monday is President's Day). Yay!

No comments: