Sunday, September 24, 2006

Counting down to classes

Classes start tmr! Feeling a strange mix of eagerness, apprehension and numbness all at the same time. Haha. It's been an interesting past few days. Today I went to this church called Highway Community (www.highway.org), it's a pretty gd place. Wld prob be quite likely to join it if I didn't come from a charismatic church. But I really wanna check out CCC San Fran out first (www.c3sf.com). Bumped into a bunch of 4 Singaporeans at Highway, 1 of them is leading some bible study group in the church and the other 3 just arrived and were checking out the church too; they're all from Stanford grad sch doing their PhDs. Joined them for lunch, went with them to Cupertino where we had really nice chinese food (noodles!!) for lunch, then they went shopping at a chinese supermarket and I tagged along. The girl who leads the BS grp had a car which was really gd. Think I really wanna get a car when I can. Which may not be for a while yet. haha.

Yesterday I went to my first American Football game! Stanford Vs Washington State. FYI, Stanford's football isn't fantastic. Check out the score towards the end of the 2nd quarter:



Took another photo with a friend, his name's David, he's from Louisiana. His home town missed Hurricane Katrina by just a bit I think, he had to evacuate but the damage wasn't significant. Anyway here's the photo:



He was really nice in explaining the game to me. The game was really quite fun to watch even though we got trashed. Especially in the 2nd half when the Stanford team seemed to suddenly do TONS better than in the first half. :)

Starting classes tmr. Music theory, math, introduction to humanities course (IHUM) and an introductory seminar on physics. Cool stuff but all very spread out. Really need faith to believe I won't suffer at math cos I'm rusty... It'll take some harder work at the start I guess, but I'll get it all back soon! =) Till the next post, take care and God bless!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wah! You look really dark.

Albert