Monday, September 18, 2006

orientation starts tmr!

Still haven't got the photos downloaded yet. Again, I'm feeling super tired right now so don't wanna do too much. :p Sorry guys and gals, i'll get the pix up soon for u to see! =) Went to my dad's friend's house nearby in the evening to chat and have a drink with him and his wife, then went to a restaurant to have dinner. Restaurant serves Singaporean food that's modified to suit local tastebuds... I had Pad Thai which was pretty nice, but the serving was HUGE. Also had a lot of alcohol, drank a too-full glass of white wine at the friend's place, and another half glass of champagne at dinner. Could feel a slight effect on me so I didn't finish either one. Was surprised at how fast I could start to feel its effects.

Finally got my bike this afternoon! Praise God! Bought it yesterday but collected it today after they installed all the accessories. It's 24 speed, very smooth, road bike (not the bend-down kind, it's kinda like a mountain bike but with slimmer rounder wheels.) It's parked right outside my room, the bike stand is just outside my window. So I can keep an eye on it. *grinz*. ok not really. but hopefully bikes that are right in front of dorm windows are less likely to be stolen. =)

Tmr (tuesday) is the official start of New Student Orientation (NSO)! Campus is gonna be crowded. Thank God I've finished unpacking. Room is still a little messy but there's much more walking space now that I've stowed the 3 russian doll suitcases away. :) gonna meet my roomate tmr! Saw his picture in this Stanford freshmen facebook thing. He looks kinda like Orlando Bloom. Oh well... we'll see. ;)

It's actually been really nice to come early and get to know this small bunch of international freshmen students (abt 200 or so in total, I think). Wonder what it'll be like tmr when the campus gets about 8 times more busy.

Gonna go shopping with some of the international studets tmr morn! =) So I'd better go pray and sleep. Tmr things will start to get even more hectic so I'd better try to get some rest. Think XMMP's right. I really do find new changes quite exciting. :)

God bless all of u! Miss everybardee in Singapore. Be blessed in all that you do! Drop me comments or emails anytime u want yeah? I will try my darndest best to reply them. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to hear from you. We had a terrible standby and finally, it is over. But the boss is now pushing for AAR. Cannot believe!

Al

Yinks said...

Orlando Bloom!!! Wow. Take a picture of your roommate, I DEMAND TO SEE A PICTURE!!